Terms & Policy
The privacy and security of Patients’ individual identifiable health information provided to Noble TeleHealth in connection with Telemedcine may be protected by federal law (HIPAA, the HITECH ACT, the Omnibus Bill, etc.) and state privacy laws, because Noble TeleHealth provides Telemedicine to patients nationwide. This health information is “protected health information” (“PHI”). PHI may be used and disclosed by Noble TeleHealth as necessary to provide Telemedicine, for our own management/ operations, to meet our legal obligations, and for any other purpose for which the patient has given consent. We may share PHI with third parties for these purposes in compliance with applicable law.
By visiting the Site or using our Telemedicine, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site and Telemedicine, and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and resolution of disputes. The Noble TeleHealth Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Telemedicine.
Users may browse the informational areas of the Site without registration.
Patient registration. Patients must provide certain information to be consulted by a licensed Telemedicine Provider in their state. This includes name, date of birth, gender, address, email, phone number, insurance information, and triage information pertaining to their chronic conditions, diseases, accidents, and/ or symptoms. In addition, the Patient can communicate other health-related information to the Healthcare Provider during their telephonic consultation with Noble TeleHealth.
As a Patient, you information will be shared with Healthcare Providers as consented to by you. Our Telemedicine makes disclose your Assessments and related health information directly to your assigned Healthcare Provider. We will not make information available to Healthcare providers other than those with whom you have requested that we share your Assessments with.
In response to Legal Process. We may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
We have implemented technical, physical, administrative, and organizational safeguards to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should also take steps to protect against unauthorized access pass words and PHI.
We encourage you to contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the privacy aspects of our Telemedicine. You may email use at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, YOU SHOULD DIAL “911” IMMEDIATELY
- Noble TeleHealth is not an insurance product or a prescription fulfillment warehouse.
- Noble TeleHealth does not replace the existing primary care physician relationship. Medical services rendered by your physician are subject to their professional judgement.
- Noble TeleHealth operates subject to state regulation and may not be available in certain states.
- Noble TeleHealth does no guarantee that a prescription will be written.
- Noble TeleHealth physicians do not prescribe DEO controlled substances, non-therapeutic drugs, and certain other drugs which may be harmful because of their potential for abuse.
- Noble TeleHealth physicians reserve the right to deny care for potential misuse of services.
- Noble TeleHealth phone consultations are available 24/7/365
- Noble TeleHealth and the Noble TeleHealth logo are registered trademarks of Noble TeleHealth LLC and may not be used without written permission.
Thank you for purchasing our service at www.nobletelehealth.com operated by Noble TeleHealth LLC.
In order to be eligible for a refund, the physician consultation must not have been completed yet. For credit card payments, you will be given a refund receipt, but it may take 5 to 10 business days for the refund to show up on your credit card statement. If you have any more questions, feel free to contact our customer support team at email@example.com.